Thursday, October 18, 2012

Buried

Its almost been a month since the news of divorce hit me. I can't believe how fast time flies. My husband left for another trip today, and I am certain it is the last time I will see or talk to him for a very long time. I gave him a letter and for me that letter was letting go of what we had. It is dead. Time for the funeral. Little by little over the last month I have let go of pieces I had of him and our life together. Reliving memories and slowly packing up my beautiful home. I will bury those memories deep in my heart and maybe one day pull them out again. I will not hold any grudges or anger but look at the past as a time of learning and know that I am lucky enough to have experienced young love. I am ready to move on now to bigger brighter things. I am ready to find out whats out there in the world again. I am scared and excited at the same time. When I was 18 and moved to NYC I was terrified, but so excited and sad to leave what I knew in my hometown. I am feeling that same way today. I am scared, but in an excited good way. I have had dreams I always wanted to accomplish but put them on the back burner when I got married. Those dreams are now going to be my priority. I am not going to miss my husband, Its hard to miss someone who doesn't love you, and who you have buried in your mind. From now on I am going to write about my experiences and my daily life, and not about him or what we had. When I was 15 I wrote a letter to myself guessing where I would be in 10 years. Part of the letter said I would be at U of A. :) I'm glad some of my dreams came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment