Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fear of change and learning to adapt

Change of place to live-easy peasy
Change of job-more money! Loving it
Change of last name- sounds better
Change of man in life-SCARY As heck

Throughout my friend Aprils divorce,she found a Very special person that she calls her VIP. This person had a similar situation to hers and through both of their hard times they bonded in the kind of friendship that can only be formed when two people are experiencing the same kind of Hurt. I am lucky enough to say that I too have found a VIP. My VIP is also going through a divorce that was out of his control. We've gotten to be very close friends and I am thankful for that. It's amazing how I can know someone
For a few months and at times have more special moments and deeper
Conversations than I ever did with my husband. It's hard to fall for him though-. My heart is very guarded and I Know his is too. But I know God puts people in our lives for a reason and I am so glad he is in mine right now.

I have been on a few dates since the divorce. Dating world is not so
Awesome. Sitting across
From someone at dinner trying to get to know them enough to see if they are worthy of a second date has so far felt like an Interview process. Other than my VIP- I am left bored and
Not caring if the person even calls again.
When thinking about being in a committed relationship. I panic. Even having a guy put his arm around me gives me Anxiety. I am terrified to get
Close because getting close means the chance of getting hurt and I cannot afford to get hurt again-
Not yet anyway. I look to my friend April for advice because she too has had this situation. Here is why she said to me "You have to trust Deanna its so hard. But you either will let it be what its gonna be or push it away." I just don't know when to or how to trust. I don't know how long it will take or when to even start trusting. Do you give someone trust until they screw up and loose your trust? Or do they have to earn it first? And if so how do
They earn it?

Dating world is going to take some
Adapting too. I don't even remember how to date. And now that texting is big as well as Facebook.(it wasn't 6 years ago when I was in dating world). I don't know the protocols. When texting is appropriate and what Facebook protocols to use. It's all apparently a big deal,according to some, in dating world. I guess it's another thing I will learn as I go along

1 comment:

  1. Oh sister D, I'm a BIG believer in only regretting the chances we didn't take. I know it's hard to put yourself out there, but just keep that phrase in mind. I will pray that you don't have to date a lot of duds before finding a good guy worth your precious time. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete